After having a cup of fragrant coffee do not throw away all leftover coffee grounds – they are a real treasure when it comes to homemade beauty products and remedies.
You can easily repurpose this ground coffee (once brewed) and apply it on the skin.
Such pleasant treatment won’t cost you anything! Just spread such scrub over some area of your body, gently massage the skin, then rinse coffee remnants away and enjoy the result.
What Are the Benefits of Coffee Scrub?
They are numerous:
- You have no need to spend extra money on expensive beauty products any longer and your purse will surely be thankful to you for such decision.
- Most beauty remedies, which are simple and budget saving, can be easily and quickly made at home with all these ingredients you always have on hand.
- Real coffee lovers can get two pleasures instead of one: consuming their favorite beverage and having a very useful procedure of cleansing and nourishing the skin.
- Coffee grounds work as an amazing mechanical exfoliate of natural origin, scrubbing away dead cells of the skin and revealing healthy and fresh skin underneath. No store-bought chemical exfoliates can work the same way.
- To get a great variety of different coffee scrubs just add other natural products to coffee grounds, taking into consideration your skin type.
Simple Natural Homemade Coffee Scrubs for Face Skin & Body
- You can also make coffee scrubs for different body parts by adding sea salt, sugar, yogurt, cream and vegetable oils to it.
- Massaging and squeezing the skin when applying coffee scrub on it bring a lot of good as it tightens the skin and helps release fats and toxic substances held in it.
- Coffee-scrubbing procedure considerably benefits your blood vessels strengthening them, increasing blood flow and preventing appearance of varicose veins.
- You won’t believe, but coffee scrubbing is also useful for your nervous system. How come is that possible? Coffee scent works like aromatherapy treatment and an effective anti-depressant making you get rid of intrusive and disturbing thoughts.
- This magic word “antioxidant”! Here it is: coffee with its key ingredient – a natural antioxidant called caffeine, which possesses all antioxidant properties preventing premature aging.
- Let your skin ingest some caffeine. It will fight the first signs of cellulite, reduce its appearance and provide the skin with a firmer, tighter and healthier look.
- Caffeine heals and reduces inflammatory processes in skin.
For example, you can create your homemade product by mixing coffee grounds with liquid honey.
How to Make Coffee Scrub with Honey
Homemade coffee facial scrub is a simple way to help your skin to get rid of old cells. You can make the coffee scrub when you desire to drink coffee. So, you can combine skin care procedure with drinking coffee pleasure. No waste.
- Grind coffee beans before use. Pour boiling water in the cup with ground coffee. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Strain the brewed drink first and mix it with honey after.
- If mixture is too watery, add oatmeal to get normal density. Grind oatmeal before using.
- Clean the face before applying the scrub. Spread the scrub over your face. Massage it for about 3 minutes, making circular motions with your fingertips.
- Allow scrub to remain on the face for 5 to 10 minutes. Then wash your face with warm water. If you like to watch the results try to repeat this procedure once a week.
- Remains of the coffee mixture could be refrigerated for a long time, unlike the coffee scrub with yogurt (read Homemade Face Exfoliator Recipe).
Coffee Face Scrub with Olive Oil
The most simple homemade cleansing composition is mixture of coffee and olive oil. Do not neglect these recipe. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. (c) Leonardo da Vinci.
This scrub is ideal for dry skin. Olive oil softens exfoliating effect of coffee and nourishes the skin at the same time. If you’ve got oily skin it’s better to fix Coffee Face Scrub with Honey or Yogurt instead.
- Brew coffee in a cup. Strain the drink after 10 minutes.
- Add the olive oil to the remaining coffee grounds.
- Use the mixture as a scrub by massaging your face with a circular motion.
- Remove the remnants of scrub with a paper towel after rinsing off your face with warm water.
- Wipe the face with lotion and apply a moisturizer.
But if you are great coffee lover don’t do that frozen stock ever. You’ll get coffee mixture at least once a day.
I would appreciate your opinion.