The purpose of a homemade face scrub for oily skin is to remove excess fat from the face, to disinfect the skin, to clean and to narrow pores.
Intensively working of the sebaceous glands keep pores wide open and they can be infected. The main problem of oily skin is acne appearance.
If you happen to be the owner of oily skin, you have to find the necessary funds to maintain and to balance moisture and fat.
Home Remedies for Oily Skin & Blackheads
- Any homemade facial scrub for oily skin should contain components with degreasing and disinfectant properties.
- The egg white is successfully using as a home remedy for tightening the skin.
- Egg whites and sea salt cope with that task quite well.
- Sea salt is suitable as a germicide.
- Lemon juice neutralizes the excessive amount of skin fat.
- Ordinary baking soda is extremely effective against acne & blackheads. It is also one of the best cleansers and natural exfoliators.
I would like to present to your attention two different but very similar scrubs for oily skin.
The difference of those simple scrubs is that the third ingredient is baking soda instead of lemon.
The structure of soda is more delicate and it works no worse than sea salt. Together they make a good pair considering the fact that soda also has a disinfectant effect.
Try which one of those homemade face scrubs for oily skin you like more.
Face Scrub for Oily Skin with Lemon Juice
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp of sea salt
- ½ tsp of lemon juice
Thoroughly wash the outer surface of the egg. Break it. Separate the white from the yolk. Allow the white flow down to the plate leaving the yolk in the shell.
Leave the yolks for future omelette, and whisk the egg white until peaks form.
Take half of egg white otherwise scrub will be too liquid. Strew sea salt in a bowl with the white. Combine mixture with lemon juice.
Apply the scrub on the well washed face skin with your fingers making circular motion from the center to outwards. Treat the problem areas carefully.
Beware the eyes from the scrub. If your skin feels comfortable, leave scrub for a few minutes. Apply another layer after drying.
Rinse off the face with cold water.
This scrub is quite strong. It is contraindicated for sensitive skin (try this one).
Face Scrub for Oily Skin with Baking Soda
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
Separate the egg white and beat it to small foam with hand whisk. Drain some liquid egg white back to the yolk leaving foam on the plate.
Add the baking soda and salt and stir them thoroughly with the beaten egg.
Get a nice air facial scrub.
Spread it over your face with neat circular motion. Massage the problem areas to avoid contact with eyes. Get it away from your mouth. It does not taste good!
Keep the scrub on your face for few minutes if your skin does not feel irritated.
- You can fry an omelet from remaining yolk while waiting.
- Rinse off scrub immediately if you perceive a tingling sensation of the face skin.
- Wash your face with cold water and blot with paper towel.
I hope you approve this recipes, don’t you? Or you’ve got more efficient one?
I would appreciate your opinion.