Sugar has a very wide range of uses; also, cosmetology uses it as a natural exfoliating agent. I would like to show some prescriptions of scrubs with brown sugar face wash. There are many recipes around my site for scrubs and cleansing masks, which include sugar.
This product has no contraindications, except for individual intolerance or allergies. Also, not use masks made of sugar if you have diabetes, since a certain amount of sugar enters the body through the skin.
In case of minor damage to the skin of the face (scratches, cuts, irritation), it is recommended to wait a little while using sugar scrubs. So, how to use sugar for face?
Benefits of Brown Sugar Face Wash
Various ingredients can be used to make a cosmetic with sugar. Everyone chooses his or her composition, depending on the skin condition. As for the product itself, for application on the face skin should use only brown sugar, which contains all the necessary vitamins and minerals. Normal white sugar is a refined product; there are no useful substances in it.
How to Do Sugar Facial
Important note: never use sugar in its usual state, since it can scratch the delicate skin of the face. Before applying to the face should be thoroughly crushed it to the state of shallow powder. In this form, sugar continues to retain all the beneficial substances, and it exfoliates the old skin cells well.
People with too sensitive skin are recommended to add oat flour to the powdered sugar.
Sugar Face Wash with Egg Yolk – Recipe 1
- Take the egg yolk and a tablespoon of cane sugar. If the yolk is too thick, and it is difficult to mix with sugar, you can add a small amount of milk.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Apply the mixture to your face.
- Top with a thin layer of powdered sugar.
- Massage your face with your fingertips, until all the sugar has dissolved completely. If necessary, you can moisten your hands with warm water.
- Rinse your face with cool water.
This type of scrub is excellent for all skin types – for dry and oily, young and fading.
Sugar Face Wash with Egg White – Recipe 2
- Separate the protein (egg white) from the yolk and whisk it until the bubbles appear.
- Cleanse your face thoroughly.
- Apply a layer of the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle your face on top with a thin layer of powdered sugar.
- Massage your face with your fingertips, until all the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Rinse your face with water.
This type of mask is more suitable for people with oily skin.
Recipe 3 – Sugar with Natural Yogurt
- Take a small amount of natural yogurt without sugar.
- Apply a layer of yogurt to clean face.
- Apply a thin layer of brown powdered sugar on top.
- Massage the face until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Rinse well.
This scrub is ideal for dry, sensitive and fading skin.
Recipe 4 – Sugar with Liquid Soap
For this recipe, no additional base for pre-application to the face is needed. All you need is to take the brown sugar face wash and grind it in a coffee grinder to the state of a fine powder.
- Prepare a tablespoon of brown sugar powder.
- Cover your hair with a towel or shower cap.
- Wet and thoroughly clean the skin with liquid soap or a special cleanser for daily use.
- Take a moisturized finger with a certain amount of powdered sugar.
- Apply sugar to the whole face, except for the eye area.
- Thoroughly massage the skin for a few minutes until the sugar disappears.
- Wash and wipe your face with a soft cloth, refresh the skin with cool water.
Recipe 5 – Brown Sugar Face Wash with Olive Oil
Let’s say you’ve got dry skin, and you do not know what an exfoliating tool should be used for best results. In this case, the brown sugar and olive oil face scrub will be a great decision. Olive oil moisturizes the face and softens the skin enhancing the effect of the scrub.
Oily skin possessors should add lemon into sugar scrub.
Grind brown sugar in the coffee grinder for 5-7 seconds or use food processor in the mode – “Pulse”. The particles of sugar must be small to avoid scratching and irritating that delicate skin.
Stir the olive oil and powdered sugar until they are evenly combined.
Apply the mass onto the face with gentle circular motions. Allow scrub to remain on the face for 10-15 minutes.
After that, wash the mixture with warm water and pat the face with a tissue. Your skin will be smooth and pleasant to the touch. A little olive oil will remain on the face. Do not worry; the skin will absorb it after a while.
You’ve got this scrub quickly and easily. You can make brown sugar and olive oil scrub for several times. Keep this mixture at room temperature. Do not hold it in a warm and sunny place.