If we take the natural nutrients and astringent effects of cucumber and mix them with exfoliating and soothing properties of low-fat yogurt, we can get the perfect moisturizing cucumber and yogurt face mask at home for almost all skin types.
Preparation of this “miracle” does not require any professional knowledge of cosmetics and pharmaceuticals special skills.
Benefits of Cucumber Juice & Yogurt Lactic Acids
- You need only two products, and half an hour to make your skin sparkle with freshness and purity.
- Cucumber has unique and natural ingredients that moisturize, soften, smooth, clean the skin, and reduces puffiness. They are naturally good for oily and dry or sunburned skin.
- Yogurt (without preservatives) in conjunction with the cooling properties of cucumber becomes very pleasant for tired skin and makes the perfect refreshing.
- Lactic acid, which is found in sour milk products, helps to get rid of dried cells and promotes regeneration of the upper layers of the skin.
It is a very nice suit for someone who is in a state of extreme discomfort from acne and pigmentation.
- Use plain yogurt for dry, sensitive and aging skin.
- Use low-fat or fat-free yogurt if you have oily or acne prone skin.
- Greek yogurt has a dense structure and could be best suitable for that mask.
- 1 cucumber
- 2-3 tsp of natural yogurt
Wash and peel the cucumber. 1/3 of cucumber will be sufficient for the mask.
Fold the cucumber slices in a blender and add the yogurt.
Mix all until smooth.
Add 1 teaspoon of potato starch or wheat flour to make mask structure more thick. Stir carefully to avoid lumps of starch.
Add 2-3 drops of olive oil if you have dry skin because the starch kept the skin dry. If you have oily and acne-prone skin, add 2-3 drops of lemon essential oil (optional) which we have already used in the lemon yogurt mask.
Apply the mixture on your face with a brush in several thin layers. Place the cucumber slices onto the eyes. Leave the mask for 20 minutes.
Rinse it with cool water and watch how your have got the fresher face.
Do not dispose of the remains of the mixture. You can use it for the neck, chest, shoulders and arms to to refresh them too.
Here is a short video helping you make the mask.