Very simple and very good remedy for dry skin is egg yolk and honey face mask with the addition of olive oil. These products we often use for cooking, so they are always on hand. Let say this mask you can do whenever you want, when you have leisure time for yourself.
Mask with honey and egg yolk – recipe
- 2 tsp of honey
- 1 egg (you need egg yolk only)
- 3-4 drops of olive oil.
Olive oil should be prepared before using. Please read my post Homemade Yogurt honey face mask about how to do that.
If honey is crystallized, gently warm it in hot water. Don’t use a microwave for that purposes, it kills all beneficial properties of honey.
- Separate the egg yolk.
- Mix honey with egg yolk and add some drops of olive oil.
- If the mixture comes up very liquid, add the teaspoon of wheat flour and stir it thoroughly to avoid lumps.
- Gently apply mask on your face and neck.
- Apply one more layer in 5-7 minutes.
- Leave mask on for about 15 minutes.
- Warm your face with warm water, then with cold water.
- Apply nourishing cream to the face after all.
Egg yolk and honey face mask benefits
- Nutrition and hydration of the skin (honey).
- Yolk helps to heal small cracks & minor scratches of the outer skin layer. Therefore face skin becomes smoother.
- Olive oil regulates lipid & water balance of the skin.
I would appreciate your opinion.