Yesterday I made a new homemade face scrub for sensitive skin. I enjoyed a lot and decided to publish it on my site. People with sensitive skin know how difficult is to choose cosmetics because it reacts negatively for many different ingredients that irritate the sensitive skin.
That homemade face scrub recipe contains honey so it may not be acceptable for everyone. Don’t try this recipe if you are allergic to honey. Well, others like me will like it as well as I do.
- 1 Tbsp of ground oatmeal
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- Zest of one orange
Thoroughly wash the orange. Gently rub the orange zest against the smallest side of the grater.
Chop whole oatmeal in a coffee grinder, if you have no ground oatmeal on hand. Warm up a honey if it is hardened. Don’t use microwave it destroys the enzymes. Do it as I described in the article Use Honey for Face Mask
Combine orange zest, natural honey & oatmeal.
Mix all ingredients to homogeneous mass. Natural fragrant blend you’ll get is truly amazing. If you’ve already used homemade scrubs before the procedure is the same.
- Gently wipe the face with tonic.
- Apply orange scrub on the face evenly.
- Massage your skin with your fingertips for 3-5 minutes.
- Leave the mixture on your face for 10 minutes if you don’t feel discomfort. You can eat the leftover orange at this time.
- Wash your face with the cosmetic sponge.
- Honey has a warming effect and facilitates the opening of the pores. Splash the face with cold water to close the pores.
This scrub is very gentle. Despite this, it cleans and nourishes your skin very well. After orange zest scrub application the face looks fresh and rejuvenated.