Homemade mask of black currants can be easily called a natural antioxidant mask. Black currant is a product with a high content of vitamin C, which, in turn, is one of the most powerful preservatives.
During the summer, hundreds of natural products for skin care are available on the market, which can be extremely useful for your beauty. Many of them contain a decent dose of antioxidants.
The Beneficial Properties of Black Currant
- Black currant is a very good natural remedy for skin whitening. It can be used to lighten freckles and age spots, as well as to care for aging skin.
- Antioxidants protect skin cells from damage. Consequently, the mask rich with the antioxidants on regular basis will delay aging of the skin and make it glow with health.
- They react against destructive free radicals – molecules that cause premature aging of the human body, including our face skin. Vitamin C is involved in the formation of collagen, which promotes healing of small wounds and scratches on the face and it helps to get rid of blackheads and helps to get rid of acne.
How to Make Antioxidant Face Mask
This mask is not recommended more often than once a week due to the high content of organic acids in the berries. Of course, it all depends on the condition of your skin and its susceptibility to allergens.
- 4 Tbsp of ripe blackcurrants
- 2 Tbsp of natural yogurt or sour cream
Rub blackcurrants through a sieve.
Place blackcurrants juice, yogurt and a few drops of olive oil in the plate (do not use oil if you have oily skin).
Mix all ingredients to get smooth mixture.
A great deal of acids in blackcurrants juice can irritate the face skin.
If you have got peculiarly sensitive skin it’s better to use Facial Mask for Sensitive Skin.
Let the mask dry on your face for about 20 minutes.
Use nourishing cream after removing the mask.
I would appreciate your opinion.