Apricot seeds or kernels, to be more exact, are the perfect abrasive scrub ingredient and a powerful exfoliant cleaning your skin surface and allowing new skin cells to regrow. Include homemade apricot face scrub into you regular skincare procedures. It will enhance your complexion and skin appearance.
It really works wonders on removing blackheads from face, making skin supple and enough moisturized.
Though, be careful when using this exfoliating face scrub with apricot seeds, remembering that its particles are excessively abrasive and won’t be of any good for sensitive and inflamed skin.
Apricot Kernel Scrub Benefits
- When regular applied, this scrub can help eliminate small wrinkles and lines.
- Natural oil containing in apricot seeds (kernels) has perfect moisturizing properties to keep skin cells always hydrated and counteract drying effects, which may arise as a result of exfoliating procedure.
- In other words, such scrub ensures a softer and healthier surface of the skin.
- When apricot kernel powder is mixed with yoghurt, it has double effect: mechanical and chemical scrubbing treatment, which help correct and polish uneven, dull and poor skin tone.
- Besides, apricot kernel particles are completely natural and have no any chemical additives. It is definitely an advantage for those wishing to avoid synthetic or chemical ingredients in favor of organic and natural products.
Use this scrub regularly to get stunning and radiant skin.
How to Make Apricot Kernels Powder
- Crack apricot pits by hammer on a hard surface and take out the kernels neatly.
- Put apricot kernels on the plate and leave them to dry up for several days.
- Place kernels in a blender or coffee grinder and crush them into the powder.
- Whole preparation takes long time.
- To avoid doing it on an ongoing basis it is better to collect a large number of apricot pits for facial scrub at a time.
Powder from apricot kernels can be stored and used as needed and as desired.
How to make Face Scrub with Apricot Kernels Powder
The key ingredient in this recipe is a finely ground apricot kernel powder, which you can make yourself using a kitchen grinder. So, you will need:
- 2 tea spoonful of apricot kernels (finely ground)
- 1 table spoonful of yoghurt (purely natural and unsweetened)
- Combine both ingredients.
- Apply this mix to face skin.
- Gently scrub it with paste to unclog pores and get softer and rejuvenated skin.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes until scrubbing paste dries.
- Then remove dried mixture with wet fingertips rolling it up from the face in circular motions and avoiding skin stretching.
- Wash scrub remnants thoroughly with tepid water and then add one splash of cold water to your face as a final touch of this procedure.
Homemade apricot face scrub will help you to take care for your skin not worse than expensive cosmetics. This scrub is acceptable for all skin types.
Scrub with Apricot Kernel Powder, Honey & Oatmel
- 10 apricot pits
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- 1 Tbsp of oatmeal
Thoroughly mix the honey, oatmeal and ground apricot kernels.
Mixture will be very thick. You can pour a little water.
Apply the scrub onto the face with gentle massaging movements. Leave it on your face for 10-15 minutes.
Rinse off your face with soft sponge.
This scrub is beneficial for the skin because apricot pits contain valuable apricot oil. That natural oil extracted from apricot kernels is obtained by cold pressing and can be added to creams, balms &, shampoos. Apricot kernel oil contains polyunsaturated acids and vitamins A, C, B and F.
With regular use of these scrubs, the skin becomes smooth and silky.
If you do not accept the mechanical exfoliation, you can use the scrub with natural acids effects such as this one.