Homemade yogurt honey face mask is very simple but quite effective due to beneficial properties of these products.
Yogurt honey face mask benefits
Both products are natural and well combined together.
- Honey is among the most useful products. It has a moisturizing and nourishing anti-bacterial action.
- Yogurt contain probiotics — a type of “good” bacteria, beneficial lactobacillus acidophilus and lactic acid.
Lactic acid helps to dissolve dead cells of the upper layer of the skin. This acid is used in the professional peeling inside beauty salons.
We can use yogurt in homemade masks and scrubs.
This mask can be used for all skin type without allergic to any of mentioned products.
- 2 tsp of honey
- 2 tsp of natural yogurt
- Heat up hardened honey in a bain marie (a hot water bath) for a few minutes to re-liquify it.
Don’t heat honey for long time and don’t use the microwave for that purpose. The high temperature kills the healthy substances contained in the honey.
Use low-fat yogurt for oily skin and medium-fat yogurt for normal and dry skin. Buy unsweetened plain yogurt without artificial flavors, colors and preservatives, it’s desirable.
These yogurts should be used immediately. They should not be stored longer than 2-3 days. Products of that kind are more useful because they don’t contain chemical ingredients which provide long storage.
- Mix honey and yogurt. Add 2-3 drops of lime for oily skin or some drops of olive oil for dry skin.
Olive oil should be prepared before using. Place oil in a glass bowl in boiling water for 15 minutes then cool it. This oil can be used for other masks in the future.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Apply it on face and neck evenly except the eye area. Leave it for 15 minutes. If the mask dries up apply one more layer.
Rinse it off with warm water to open pores then with cold water to close pores. Dry the face with a paper towel. Apply nourishing cream to face.
That’s all. Have you ever seen the most beautiful woman?