Plain yogurt face mask is the smart way for home skin care. I don’t know about every woman secrets but I have yogurt inside the fridge all year round.
Use plain yogurt for the mask if you have normal or dry face skin. Plain yogurt is produced from whole milk and usually contains about 4% fat.
However, don’t think that low-fat yogurt is better than usual yogurt. Often, special chemical additives are used to reduce the fat content of the product. And no one knows what is more harmful: natural fat in the product or supplements for fat content reducing.
Try to get natural yogurt for nutrition and same for skin care. It does not contain preservatives. The shelf life of this product is about 3-7 days.
If you think it doesn’t matter whether you use natural yogurt or not. I always recommend that you first try using natural recipes. Harmful chemical additives can cause allergies and irritation of the delicate face skin.
Yogurt mask should be sugar free of course.
Now a lot of companies produce yogurt. Buy the products from a reputable source, from manufacturer you can trust.
Wash your face before you make yogurt mask, otherwise dirt and sebum clog the pores of the face.
You can just spread plain yogurt on the clean face and keep it for 15-20 minutes. It will be a good nutrition for your skin.
You can mix the yogurt with other products. For example, you can make a great mask-scrub from a mixture of yogurt and ground oatmeal. You can also add the apricot kernels powder instead of oatmeal and get a similar scrub.
If you have forgot to care about your face for long time the best option should be yogurt mask with any fruit or vegetable. One of my favorite masks is avocado yogurt mask. It is tender and very nutritious.
Remember, in particular, yoghurt masks can cause temporary redness of the skin, even if you are not allergic to this product. The redness goes away on its own. Do these masks at night, or two hours before leaving the house so as not to feel uneasiness.
Plain yogurt mask can be done 2-3 times a week. These masks have a slight bleaching effect which can be visible if you do it rather often.
Strawberry Potato Face Mask for Dry Skin
There are plenty of recipes how to make moisturizing mask. One of them is a potato face mask with strawberry and olive oil. This mask has moisturizing and calming effects so it is recommended for dry and sensitive skin.
Benefits of potato face mask with strawberry
- A strawberry is unique and very useful actual fruit from berry classification. It nourishes your skin with essential vitamins and helps to remove dead skin cells. Unfortunately, due to the high acid content, it may cause irritation of skin surface.
- In this case, the potato comes to help us. It softens the effects of fruit acids. We are not accustomed to think that potato is valuable vegetable. It seems too ordinary. However, the young root contains high amount of vitamin C, and at the same time, it is gentle and soft. This vegetable is indispensable in the treatment of dry and sensitive skin.
- Do not worry that the starch contained in it will dry your skin. Just add a little olive oil.
Clean and boil 1 potato. Mash one with fork into uniform puree while it is hot. Make the same mixture from strawberry. Add olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients together.
This face mask has the best effect while it’s warm so do not waist time during preparation.
- Spread the mixture over your face avoiding eyes.
- Put cucumber slices on your eyes.
- Relax about 20 minutes.
Rinse off mask with lukewarm water and remove any residue.
I would appreciate your opinion for these recipes.