The benefits of honey for skin care are known since long ago. Honey could be found in a quantity of compositions of many cosmetic products: creams, masks, scrubs, etc.
- Honey contains over 300 mineral and organic substances. Some of them are particularly valuable for skin care.
- Honey contains proline – one of the amino acids. Great value of proline like a part of collagen is to maintain the elasticity of the skin and to slow down aging.
- Honey contains floral water – good moisturizer preventing the appearance of wrinkles.
- pH of honey is about 5 so honey has the ability to restore the normal acid-base balance and normalize the metabolism of skin cells.
- Honey contains a growth inhibitor (abscisic acid) and growth factor (indoleacetic acid). This rare combination of honey can slow the growth of disease and stimulate the formation of healthy skin cells. So good honey heals wounds and helps to get rid of acne.
- Antibacterial properties of honey could be explained by very special blend of organic acids and enzymes, so honey is indispensable in the fight against skin infections.
- Due to honey consistency it can easily penetrates into the pores of the skin. Its special chemical composition allows perfectly clean and nourish skin cells.
- Honey has a nice smell so using it for the skin care is like aromatherapy. Besides, you can always eat the remainder of the unused honey with your pleasure.
You can use honey in various home masks and scrubs. Honey could be combined with a lot of natural products, for example, Avocado and Honey Face Mask Recipe
or Homemade Coffee Facial Scrub
The benefits of honey for skin care are evident but be careful. Honey can cause allergies. Do not lose your sense of proportion!