Mixed together these two ingredients can create a soothing, brightening homemade exfoliating face scrub with yogurt and lemon juice.
It’s particularly useful in case you have a very sensitive skin which reacts unfavorably to scrubs with harsh ingredients and coarse texture (with coffee grounds or apricot kernel powder, for example).
Benefits of Yogurt and Lemon Juice
- Lemon juice antibacterial properties can dry acne, cure blackheads and prevent inflammation and breakouts.
- Moreover, lemon is even able to heal acne scars and make blemishes and pigmentation spots almost invisible.
- Together with yogurt they both work as powerful exfoliants due to combination of citric and lactic acids, refreshing and renewing face skin, thus resulting in a smooth, radiant and clear complexion.
- Ingredients of this simple scrub moisturize and tone your skin, fight mimic and age wrinkles, as well as minimize pores of the skin and tighten it.
Though be careful with applying this scrub to dry skin as it can lead to excessive dryness. If you feel a burning sensation on the skin, reduce the volume of lemon juice in the recipe or dilute it with simple water.
Besides, after applying this scrub do not expose your face with a fresh skin layer to direct sun rays to prevent possible pigmentation and sunburns.
Homemade Exfoliating Face Scrub with Yogurt and Lemon Juice
Give a little spa treatment to your face at home and be sure it’ll feel super-soft afterwards. It won’t be costly or time-consuming. All you need is to have the following products at hand:
- 2 table spoonfuls of plain yogurt (natural, without sugar, additives and preservatives)
- 1 table spoonful of lemon or lime juice (fresh squeezed juice is suggested)
Squeeze juice out of a fresh lemon and whip it up with yogurt in a small plate or bowl.
Apply all this mixture generously to your face skin.
Leave it on the face for approx. 20 minutes to let it dry out.
Roll dried mixture with fingertips making massaging circular movements from the sides of your face toward its center.
Rinse off all mixture with lukewarm or cool water and pat the skin dry with paper napkin or towel.
Apply a soothing lotion, if necessary, as lemon juice can give your face a slight blush, which will turn into normal color in half an hour.
I would appreciate your opinion.