What are the popular methods to apply eye cream? When we must do it? Correct answers to these questions will help you to take care of the delicate skin around the eyes. If we have knowledge about common sense methods haw to do it, then it may help, but not harm.
How to apply eyelid cream correctly
- Squeeze a small portion of cream onto the spatula.
- Apply the cream around the eyes by fingertip. There is an opinion that it is better to use the ring finger because it has very sensitive and smooth fingertip.
- Gently apply the cream without stretching the skin. Slight dot motions for upper eyelid should be – from inner corners along orbital bone of the eye to the outside, for lower eyelid – from the outer corners towards the nose.
- Finish by lightly tapping the cream by your fingertips. Then relax. It takes about 15-20 minutes to complete cream absorption.
Where to apply eye cream
Apply the cream under the eyebrows (upper eyelid) and on the area of ”crow’s feet”.
Caution: Do not apply the cream to the movable parts of the eyelid. This portion is in contact with the eyeball and some components of the cream may adversely affect your vision.
When to apply the cream
- If the cream contains retinol, it applied in the evening before going to bed, because sunlight destroys retinol during daytime (check out cream composition when purchasing).
- Very fat creams can cause puffiness, so it is better to apply them in the morning.
- Other amount of creams you can use in the morning and in the evening.
Massage around the eyes to prevent wrinkles
Start with acupressure.
- Massage the following points:
- “Third eye”,
- Middle of eyebrow
- End of eyebrow
- Temporal regions
- The inner corner of the eye
All points massage 9 times in one side and 9 times other side.
- Sculpt eyebrows – this exercise has already been in the exercises for the eyes, but it is not bad to do it again.
- Using light touch walk through orbital eye bone.
- Gently tapping massage the area under the eyes, moving from the outer edge to the nose.
Complete relaxation of the eye muscles. Blink a few times.
Video – how to eye massage and apply eyelid cream
I wish you beautiful and elastic skin around the eyes forever!