Lemon yogurt face mask helps to solve real issues facing every woman. It is a nutritional rejuvenating and lightening mask. That mask acts as a chemical peeling for the skin due to lactic and citric acid. Lactic acid is found in yogurt and citric acid is present in lemon.
Using this fruit for skin care has great popularity among the women all over the world.
Different components for yogurt lemon mask
- Fresh natural juice squeezed from lemon
- Lemon essential oil
- Lemon juice with sugar free from the store.
I prefer to use fresh juice or oil. Fresh juice is a natural product without chemical additives. You need only 1-2 teaspoons juice for the mask. If you have a lemon you can easily squeeze the juice anytime.
Strain out lemon juice before use. Disadvantage of homemade lemon juice and yogurt mask is only one – liquid consistency. It’s better to use a brush for applying mixture on the face.
You can make a thicker consistency adding a teaspoon of potato starch or wheat flour.
Use essential oil if you don’t like to do all these things.
Once you buy a lemon essential oil you can use it for a long time. 2-4 drops of aromatic oil is enough for any face mask.
The advantage of lemon oil to fresh fruit is that oil is made from lemon zest. Zest is important part because it contains many useful substances.
- has strong antiseptic properties. Due to this quality it can be used in acne masks as well as for the healing of acne scars.
- It whitens dark spots and freckles,
- Smoothes wrinkles
- And normalizes the secretion of oily skin.
Perhaps this mask is not suitable for sensitive skin. Be sure that you are not allergic to aromatic oil. Apply a drop of oil for test on the skin near the ear. You can use the oil after 10 minutes if there is no redness.
You can use any natural yogurt: non-fat or plain, depending of your skin type.
I like to use Greek yogurt.
- 1 Tbsp of natural yogurt
- 3-4 drops of lemon essential oil
Add a few drops of oil in the yogurt and mix thoroughly.
Apply the mixture to clean face.
Rinse off after 15-20 minutes.
Lemon Yogurt Mask Benefits
- These components has antiseptic properties.
- Mask is gentle exfoliator.
- Mixture with yogurt and lemon has a skin whitening effect.
- This routine rejuvenates your skin.
Caution: do not do this mask before going out in the sun. It can cause allergic reactions and skin irritation. It’s better to treat your skin before bedtime in the evening.